Regulations and Statutes in Force as of July 1, 2019
July 1, 2019 9:00 A.M.
Office of the Premier
The following legislation and regulation changes come into effect on July 1, 2019. They are listed by responsible ministry:
Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs
Amendments to the Livestock Medicines Act will extend the validity of permanent, Class 1 licences to one year at no cost for all currently licensed Livestock Medicines Outlets. This will reduce administrative burden while ensuring uninterrupted licencing.
Amendments under the Nutrient Management Act will:
- Remove the automatic requirement for livestock producers to update their nutrient management strategy every five years unless there is a significant change to their operation.
- Include lower-risk manures from non-farm grazing animals, such as zebra, elephant or kangaroo, as a Category 1 non-agricultural source materials.
Amendments to the Food Safety and Quality Act will provide standards for the safe processing of meat products and the humane slaughter of food animals, and simplify burdensome regulations, by:
- Moving to a one-time licensing requirement for meat plants.
- Allowing operators to voluntarily surrender a licence if they are no longer engaged in regulated activities.
- Streamlining emergency slaughter procedures.
Ministry of the Attorney General
Amendments to the Crown Liability Proceedings Act will streamline processes for lawsuits involving the government and clarify the scope of the government’s liability. These changes will help people to better understand when and how they can bring their government to court.
Updated rules on Civil Procedure and Small Claims Court help improve access to justice for Ontarians and businesses by simplifying procedures and reducing legal expenses. Changes to garnishment forms will also facilitate the tracking and management of garnishment proceedings.
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
The Child, Youth, and Family Services Act is amended to:
- Improve child welfare services for Inuit children